FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL is developing two models for screening. FIRSTSENSE Breast Exam™ uses Advanced Thermal Profiling (ATP). It is planned for launch in 4Q13.
FIRSTSENSE Triple Exam™ screens for abnormalities using three proven methods – ATP, Optical Spectroscopy and Ultrasound. It provides all the features of the breast exam plus lesion size and location. The FIRSTSENSE testers:
- Reduce the cost of each modality (test) dramatically.
- Reduce human error and variability in judgment of clinical breast exams with the consistency and objectivity of robotics and computer software.
- Analyze patient questionnaire and test input data onsite, provide immediate results to the doctor and compare results to prior tests for very early detection.
- Send test data and results via the internet for (a) backup; (b) correlation with subsequent diagnostic testing, including biopsies; (c) comparison to results from other patients with similar profiles; and (d) refinement of the tester’s algorithms.
- FIRSTSENSE Triple Exam™ combines modalities to produce a more accurate result and location.
* Projected Sensitivity and Specificity